No real explanation to offer for my, well, unexplained absence. It was just a busy week at work. Now for real important stuff -- like the deaths of four veteran cartoon voice actors in a week: Frank Gorshin (a lot of more recent stuff, plus he was the Riddler on "Batman"); Henry Corden (the second Fred Flintstone), Howard Morris (Mr. Peebles, Jughead, and he was on "Your Show of Shows" and "The Andy Griffith Show"), and Thurl Ravenscroft (Tony the Tiger, "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch" singer). Basically, from the field of voice actors from that now long-ago era, we're left with...
- June Foray (Granny, Rocket J. Squirrel, various witches)
- John Stephenson (Mr. Slate)
- Stan Freberg (Junyer Bear, the Three Little Bops)
- Dick Beals (little boy voices)
- Paul Winchell (Gargamel, Dick Dastardly, Tigger)
- John Fiedler (Piglet and a lot of on-camera stuff in some well-known pictures)
Also, as far as I know, all Betty Rubbles after Bea Benaderet are still with us. Interesting to note that according to IMDB
, Betty #2, Gerry Johnson, has not acted since the 1966 Flintstones movie.